Let’s Get Acquainted!
Today it’s my turn on Plum and June’s 2013 New Blogger Blog Hop, running throughout June and July there are plenty of new blogs to discover, my blog reading list has already increased after visiting Week 1’s Hoppers. The complete schedule for the Blog Hop is at the end of this post, but for now here are the other Week 2 Blog Hoppers, please go and take a look at their blogs.
Time to introduce myself.
Hi and welcome if you are stopping by from the Blog Hop. Today’s post is a ‘getting to know you’ post with pictures thrown in here and there for good measure. All the nitty gritty and random facts about me.
|Hi, I’m Sarah!!|
This is my Instagram profile, true so true.
Hi! I sew and love chocolate. I’m rubbish with technology and hate having my photo taken – pulling my tongue out is an automatic reaction!
- I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire England with my husband and our 6 year old ‘ginger destroyer’
- I’m a full time stay at home mum
- I find it shocking that I’m in my early 40’s already
- I’m left handed
- I’m terrible at making decisions and I procrastinate for England
|Medallion quilt top for Stitched In Colour’s Handstitched Class Summer 2012|
- I’m on a quest to be more productive (see above)
- I annoy myself that I waste so much time (see above)
- I’m shy, meeting new people is hard
- Sometimes I say things I wish I hadn’t
- I’ve been blogging since last Autumn
- I’m fairly new to quilting, learning all the time and have a long list of techniques I want to master
- That perfect 1/4″ seam eluded me for a longtime, after spending a whole day determined to get it right, I now alter the needle position and use my standard presser foot
|1/4″ seam will not beat me!|
- I am a starching convert
- I’ve spent a lot of time this Spring learning about marketing an online handmade business
- Why isn’t the Auto setting on my camera good enough? Yes, I need to take better photos!
|Improvised photo studio|
- I’m a creature of habit
- I’ve been neglecting the look of this blog lately – I’m building a new one eek!!
- I have to have a to do list, I’d be lost without my diary
- I blog for pleasure, to share and be part of a community
- My plan is to turn my hobby into a small business in the not too distant future
- I like to think of this as a quilting/sewing blog, but other stuff creeps in too
- I’m a useless housewife, I hate housework
- I joined my first Bee and BOM’s this year and I plan on joining more
- I’m going to Fat Quarter Retreat in London in July
|Embroidered covered button|
- I sew on the dining room table
- I like sarcasm
- I want to design my own quilt
|A Skill Builder BOM block|
|Together do. Good Stitches Bee blocks|
Are you still there?? Are you still awake?? That was a bit long winded wasn’t it? Anyhow, please feel free to stay and have a look around and it’s a pleasure to meet you all.
Here is the full Blog Hop Schedule:
Em @ Sewing by Moonlight