Last week was mainly about…

…planning.
You know how some weeks turn out not as you’d expected? Well that was last week.

It started well with some instant gratification sewing.

City Sampler, block 11

A very quick block from Tula Pink’s City Sampler book. I really should join in the City Sampler SAL being hosted by Sara from Sew Sweetness among others, I’m holding back because its just something else to add to the list each week/month???….but I have got a lovely stack of Bella that hasn’t been used yet, that would look amazing hmmm? To join another SAL or not, that IS the question.

Bella

I then went on to pull my fabric choices for June’s Together. at do Good Stitches blocks, which led to this

sorting my modest stash by colour

which then led on to this

sorted, folded and realising that I haven’t got a big stash after all

Which obviously led to me finally sorting out all the clutter in the old (tatty) bureau/writing desk we have in the corner of the dining room that I have been intending to call my own to house my sewing stuff.

the shared top half

big bottom cupboard

I was on a roll, I even sorted out my most pressing projects into zip files

I am uber organised – how long will it last??

The rest of the week was taken up by more ‘building new website/blog’ work and my marketing course had a training call I’d forgotten about so some quick swatting was in order.

Hopefully this week will be more productive, this is what I want to get finished this week.

The Fat Quarterly Retreat in London is fast approaching, I want to get my swap partners name tag completed and ready to post.

fabric for FQR Name Tag Swap

I’m so excited to be submitting a small project to Fat Quarterly with the new Collage range from Windham fabrics. The design still needs some tweaking before its ready and then I can get it written up and sent off by the weekend.

Collage by Windham

My bee blocks need making and sending. At least I can find all my fabric now!

contenders for bee blocks

There are only a few more days left to vote (voting closes on 27th June) in Art Gallery fabrics Make it Right Challenge on Pinterest, if you have a Pinterst account, why not go and vote for your favourites?

And finally I would like to say a huge “Thank you” to all the other Let’s Get Aquatinted Blog Hoppers who have visited my blog and left a comment this week – I’m still working through the replies, sorry! I spent an evening last week visiting all the other Week 2 hoppers and found some more brilliant, talented ladies. This week promises to be another good one, here is the list for Week 3. please go and say Hi!

Friday, June 21
Leigh Anne @ Ella’s Cottage
Sarah @ Quilt Candy
Jackie @ NW Patchwork
Erica @ Happy Fabric
Stephanie @ Simple Sewendipity
Lauren @ Seraphym

Sarah xx

9 Responses to Last week was mainly about…

1. Nilya June 25, 2013 at 11:08 am #

so you have some nice Project to run πŸ™‚

2. heart of charnwood June 25, 2013 at 11:09 am #

The first part of your planning looks like procrastination to me young lady, have you been avoiding sewing?? :o) I’m starting on the name tag today as time is running out, and i have bee blocks to do too before the weekend, eeek!

3. pennydog June 25, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

Oooh Collage, you lucky thing! I have a SAL to finish (and pretty much start if I’m honest, I only have 2 blocks done) sometime too, it is hard to fit them in.

4. Kelly Young June 25, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

That’s the exact reason why I’m not doing the City Sampler. I’ve been seeing the blocks everywhere and LOVE them, but I just don’t think I can add one more thing to my plate right now.
    Your organization looks spectacular!

πŸ™‚ Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

5. Celtic Thistle June 25, 2013 at 3:09 pm #

You won’t know yourself now that you are so organised πŸ™‚ I really could do with doing the same to my stash, then I might be able to find what I am looking for reasonably quickly after I start looking for it!

6. Elise Lea June 25, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

It feels so much better to be organized doesn’t it! It always makes me want to use my fabric when I can see it better (although my stash always seems to get messy again…)

Elise

7. Sonia June 25, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

Get you being all organised! I still haven’t quite finished my organisation yet. Yours looks fab – is that a Lisette Diplomat dress I spy in your project bags?! Very excited to see what you make for FQ πŸ™‚

8. Laura C @ littleandlots June 26, 2013 at 1:30 am #

Congrats on your FQ project with Collage–I love the saturated colors in that line. I can’t wait to see it. I’m super-jealous of your organization. I don’t even want to admit how many shopping bags (Chipotle bags, ahem) I have full of fabric in my closet. πŸ™‚

9. Catrin Lewis June 26, 2013 at 9:02 am #

mmm Bella. I have one print in my stash. Really must get more.

I’m supposed to be sorting out my sewing space today. Instead I’m catching up with blog reading and contemplating ripping out some fmq πŸ™